As an unincorporated area, Kemp Mill does not have officially defined boundaries. However, Kemp Mill is recognized by the United States Census Bureau as a census-designated place, and by the United States Geological Survey. As noted elsewhere, Montgomery County abounds with many city-like areas that are unincorporated communities. For example, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Silver Spring and Kemp Mill have no official boundaries but, may have varying designations from the United States Census Bureau, the United States Geological Survey or the United States Postal Service. When doing real estate searches in Montgomery County, Maryland, it is always best to confirm area designations with information in the BrightMLS Multiple Listing Service.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the neighborhood has a total area of 2.54 square miles (6.2 km²), all land. As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 12,564 people and 4,430 households residing in the area.
Kemp Mill Urban Park, centrally located on Arcola Avenue, has long served as a popular meeting place and playground. The park was closed in February 2016 for major renovations and reopened in May 2017.
Real Estate Perspective on Greater Kemp Mill (KM) Area
The Barbara Ciment Team has had a long and deep association with the Greater Kemp Mill Area having sold over 500 homes and another 100 condos. Here we provide a breakdown of subdivisions and areas that speak to real estate valuations and interests.
The Kemp Mill Area is conveniently located to Metro and amenities and is bounded by 3 large Montgomery County Parks (Sligo Creek is adjacent to Kemp Mill, and the hiker-biker trail that runs alongside Sligo Creek from Wheaton Regional Park to the Anacostia River passes through the community. The eastern end of Kemp Mill is bounded by the Northwest Branch, which also flows south to the Anacostia. Sligo Creek, Wheaton Regional and Northwest Branch) which provide for varied recreational activities. The KM real estate profile is very diverse. It includes condos, townhouses and a variety of detached houses.
Increasingly long-term owners are making sizable additions and in many cases moving up within Greater Kemp Mill, as most Kemp Mill residents enjoy the area and are so committed to this attractive location that they try to upgrade their current home or, move within the areas. This is a great place to live and has shown stable long-term home values even in down markets. We believe that the Greater Kemp Mill Area Properties have Excellent Long Term Property Values.
Greater Kemp Mill Subdivisions and Areas:
- KM/Arcola Place/Woods: ~68 homes south of Arcola Ave
- Kemp Mill Estates: ~1,280 homes on both sides of Lamberton Drive, bounded by Arcola Avenue and Kemp Mill Rd
- Kemp Mill Farms: ~110 homes: North and West of Kemp Mill Road
- Kemp Mill Forest: ~110 Stanley Martin homes , including 15 Townhouses
- KM/Hemingway Court Townhouses: ~13 Units
- KM/Hermleigh Area: ~111 Homes on Hermleigh, Saddlerock Rd/Ct and Auth Lane
- KM/Watermill Lane Townhouses: ~30 Units
- Springbrook Forest: ~108 homes: Access through Stonington Rd/Viewcrest Ter.
- Tallwood Glen: ~50 Stanley Halle homes in the Yeatman Terrace/Court/Farm Area (Parts of Bromley / Kersey Streets)
- University Towers 1111/1121 University Blvd W: ~522 condo units
Kemp Mill Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.